Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Where am I?

After the deaths this country suffered in the wake of Katrina, it's hard to believe right out of the box the court looks at the Oregon right to die with dignity law.

And all reports suggest newbie John Roberts clearly has a problem with a single state being given this kind of leeway. State rights John?

We can look at this in simple terms. I certainly don't want this government or any future goverment telling me how or when I should die. If every day of my life is burdened with suffering, I want to reach over and grab those medically prescribed pills that will end it. This is about as clear cut as it's going to get.

What is Harriet Miers stand as a member of the Valley View Christian Church? here you go:

We believe that God is sovereign. Man does not possess the judgement nor the right to determine when one's life should end. Euthanasia is man assuming God's sovereign role and therefore, must be rejected (tip: The New Republic)

And conservatives are upset why?

Liberty people. Liberty

No comments: